Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Sauna Eggs

I accidentally bought sauna eggs instead of baked eggs at the convenience store again. The packaging is nearly identical so it's an easy mistake to make if you can't read Korean. Every time this happens I try to force myself to eat it, but I've always failed up until today.

Sauna eggs are eggs that are pressure-cooked for a long time until the whites turn brown and take on a nutty, roasted, vaguely medicinal taste. They apparently serve these in Korean saunas for some reason and sometimes are seen in k-dramas. The first time I tried them I had to spit it back out.
Today I finally crossed over into actually wanting to finish two. Strange how things taste better the more familiar they are.



1 comment:

  1. That’s remarkable. Necessity really is the mother of adaptation.

    ReplyDelete